Are you an experienced security professional, or former military service member or law enforcement officer? Are you looking for a stable full-time position in a positive team environment, where you would be appreciated as a valuable member of a critical operations team? Would it be refreshing to have teammates who also value integrity, going the extra mile, and making a difference? Do you enjoy learning new technology? If you answered yes to all these questions, we'd like to meet you!
We're looking for experienced professionals to join a private security team responsible for 24 x 7 x 365 operations at a mission-critical data center. You'll learn about many critical facility and security systems and act as a first responder to ensure the safety and security of our team, clients, and facility. In addition, as the most visible presence of Aecero, providing customer service with a smile will be as important as responding to critical situations.
We expect that you're a talented individual who's capable of tackling anything on your own; however, it's absolutely vital that you're also able to work collaboratively in a team and follow protocol. Your focus must always remain on supporting our team and clients; without them, nothing else matters!
About the company and team you’re joining:
Aecero is an infrastructure solution provider; we’re part of the backbone of the internet. Every time you upload a video to TikTok, check what your friends are up to on Instagram, or search Google, bits of data are flying across the internet through data centers that host thousands of computers. We run the best and largest such data center in Orange County, with over 110,000 sq. ft. of space, where companies host their computers and rely on us to guarantee they'll remain secure and online even in the event of a zombie apocalypse.
We’re located in Anaheim, CA, on a beautiful 40+ acre campus that our security team is responsible for securing. Our office is a professional yet fun environment with a tight-knit team that’s driven and motivated. Ambition is nurtured and rewarded, but above all we’re teammates who appreciate and inspire each other, as well as our clients.
Qualifications that are essential:
- 2+ years of experience working as a security professional, in the US military, or in law enforcement
- Active California BSIS Security Guard Registration
- California driver license and access to reliable transportation
- Available to work nights, weekends, and overtime when necessary
- Enjoy providing outstanding customer service
- Confident and controlled in handling stressful situations and emergencies
- Exceptional attention to detail, particularly in observing your environment and ensuring all procedures are followed
- Strong computer proficiency and report writing abilities
- Enthusiasm for learning and readily adaptable to change
- Capable of lifting at least 20 pounds, climbing stairs, and sitting and standing for long periods of time
- Upon acceptance of a job offer, be able to pass the following:
- Drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment)
- Extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle checks
- MMPI psychological test
What you’ll primarily be doing:
- Providing assistance to team members, clients, and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
- Monitoring digital surveillance systems and conducting security patrols on foot and in a vehicle
- Granting authorized individuals access to the data center and ensuring that removal of property is authorized and follows procedures
- Watching for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Warning violators of rule infractions, such as photography within the data center, loitering, smoking, or other unauthorized activity
- Investigating and preparing reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities
- Sounding alarms and calling for fire or police support in case of fire or unauthorized activity
What’s in it for you:
- $500 sign-on bonus! Paid for full-time positions after 90 days of continuous employment. Bonus amount is subject to applicable federal and state income withholdings.
- $17 per hour to start, with growth potential to senior or lead positions up to $22 per hour.
- A stable, positive, and team-oriented work environment
- Training and personal development opportunities so you’ll never stop learning
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Ten days of paid time off to start
- Free snacks, espresso, and other drinks to enjoy in our break room
- Afternoon: Sunday through Thursday (Friday & Saturday off)
- Afternoon: Wednesday through Sunday (Monday & Tuesday off)
- Night: Tuesday through Saturday (Sunday & Monday off)
- Part Time, Night: Sunday
- Day: 5:45am to 2:15pm
- Afternoon: 1:45pm to 10:15pm
- Night: 9:45pm to 6:15am
If this isn’t the right opportunity for you, perhaps it might be a good fit for someone you know? Help them out by sharing this posting with them!
No phone calls or visitors please. Also, we’re really not interested in working with recruiters or private security operators; thank you for kindly respecting this decision.
BE SURE YOU DON'T MISS OUR REPLY! Unfortunately email from our application system often gets tagged as junk mail. You'll receive an automatic email confirming your application immediately after submission. If you don't see that email within five minutes, please check your junk mail folder. If the email does get tagged as junk, please be sure to check your junk mail folder over the next couple weeks to ensure you don't miss any other email from us!